Adult Faith Formation
"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18)
Adult Faith Formation at St. Joseph
Faith formation does not stop after Confirmation. Faith formation should continue for the rest of your life. St. Joseph offers the following to help you deepen your faith and draw you closer to God. Click on the tabs below for more information on each.
If you would like to start a faith formation group, please contact the Parish Office at 660-248-2439 or email@example.com.
Bible study is the best way to further your relationship with God. We will be starting a new Bible study program in the fall of 2021, please check back closer to that time for details.
FORMED On Demand is a subscription service offering access to thousands of studies, films, audios, and ebooks. Discover great digital media from over 40 of the best Catholic content producers including the Augustine Institute, Ignatius Press, the USCCB, Catholic Answers, EWTN, St. Paul Center, Marian Press, Sophia Press, Knights of Columbus, FOCUS, and many more. Through its online platform and free mobile apps for iOS and Android, FORMED has helped individuals and communities know, love, and share their Catholic faith.
Parishioners can log in for FREE!
With FORMED, you can:
- Prepare for Sunday Mass by watching an insightful five-minute video by renowned Catholic teachers
- Enjoy a movie with your family that is both nourishing and entertaining
- Enrich your marriage with the award-winning video Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage
- Help your children grow in character and embrace the beauty and wonder of the Faith
Registration is easy and FREE!
- Visit www.formed.org
- In the Search box, look up St. Mary (Glasgow, MO), and click on them. As we are paired with St. Mary, we go through their account information for access.
- On the Create an Account page, enter your name, and email address
- Next, they will send you a link to the email address you put down
- Click on the link and it takes you to FORMED on Demand
- You’re all ready to access the inspiring and engaging content on FORMED.
"Together, we’re empowering Catholic men to live their faith at home, in their parish, at work, and in their community." This is the mission of the Knights of Columbus, if you would like to join our chapter (council #9725), please contact Frank R. Flaspohler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are in the works of starting another marriage enrichment program at St. Joseph. The program will likely begin in the fall of 2021; please check back at that time for details.
If you would like to help with the program or have any ideas to share on marriage enrichment programs, please contact the Parish Office at 660-248-2439 or email@example.com
Why is Adult Faith Formation Important?
The General Directory for Catechesis (GDC) and the National Directory for Catechesis (NDC) clearly place adult faith formation within the framework of evangelization. Evangelization sets the foundation for Adult Faith Formation. Adult Faith Formation seeks to nurture an encounter with the Lord that leads the believer to a deepening conversion, communion, and discipleship.
Adult Faith Formation is far from merely passing on information; this process must be aimed at forming the whole person through an integrated, four-fold approach that encompasses the human, spiritual, intellectual, and pastoral aspects of formation. It is for this reason that the parish is primarily responsible for the catechesis and faith formation of all its members. “Adult Faith Formation by which people consciously grow in the life of Christ through experience, prayer, reflection, and study, must be the central task of the catechetical enterprise.” (OHWB #5)